A building’s Energy Performance Certificate (PENB). When do you need it?

PENB- průkaz energetické náročnosti budov

From 1 July 2015, the owner of the building or a part of that building must ensure that they have a valid PENB when selling the building or its integral part (for example, an apartment inside the building). From 1 January 2016 a PENB is also necessary to rent the property out. However, there are exceptions.